The council has an on-going policy developing a youth program. The ACSDC’s youth program aims to:
- Facilitate the active involvement of African Canadian youth in initiatives to promote positive youth development. These include mentorship, tutorial programs, and workshops, particularly for low income youth
- Actively engage African Canadian youth in advocacy on youth issues, particularly with government and other major institutions
- Conduct an analysis of the situation confronting young people in our communities, and recommend strategies to be adopted to improve their material and other circumstances.
- Review new or existing measures by government agencies, business, and other actors in Canadian society to identify barriers to the ability of African Canadian youth to achieve equitable treatment
- Identify measures and take positive practical steps to help address the problem of youth violence within the African Canadian community.
- Promote community-wide social and recreational activities among Continental African Canadian youths.